Old Mu Online Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RETRO MU ONLINE

2 posters

Go down

RETRO MU ONLINE Empty RETRO MU ONLINE

Post by maxgun Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:27 am

I i came here looking for a retro features mu online, like old global mu online from 2003 (maya/wingle servers) or something similar... I played here from 1.5 weeks ago... and I found some bugs or things that personally I dont like too much, I hope admins can hear some of my advises. I came from global mu online and I know what im talking about (issues that are killed the original MU)

1: multiclient: only 1 account per PC, or max 2 but no more, multiclient kills the integration between players, also creates gaps between who can conect many accounts (pc, internet speed etc) and who can t, also deals problems about ks, and farm at big scale creating disbalance in items market.
2: pk: I like this features when mu helper is on you can t pk other or be killed, pk today its ok, dont change it.
3: item drop list: this is very important point, actually item drop list and rate is ridicolous, normal items +4+5+6 nowhere drops..... by other hand, high lvl exe items drops alot in low lvl maps for this items, try to leave the acurate original drop list ussed by webzen from season 1 to season 10. If you need help check the guiamuonline.com or muonlinefanz.com there are all the item drop table list for all maps and mobs.
4: golden invations: bosses and golden invations should be respawns at random times, this is to prevent someone from take over all bosses or golden mobs by himself..... democratize the game.
5: Remove completally the elemental system.
6: fix exp and drop %... exp x1 from lvl 0 and drop rate x1 like old mu was is the rule.
7: client season 8 doesn t have sense if we cant use the season 8 features (rf, summ, acheron removed)... is it better a season 2-6 client (personally I preffer a season 2 client, but season 6 its ok too). Also you can use some new skins from season 11/12/13 like new characters skins
8: try to check that all skills works propoerlly (impale skill doesn t work.... forti buff doesn t work ....master lvl critical dmg dl buff doesnt work..... stun by reflect when ml bm uses a mace.... etc).
9: you can use some season 12/13 features to balance the pvp, for example capt the reflect to 80% or max dd 70% (especially for SB).
10: spots: leave the original spots, or you can increase in ONE mob the low spots (no hot spots, original hot spots are ok)
11: most important, check the launcher, many ussers that are playing global mu online (webzen) have problems, both launchers interferes each other when they want to enter to old mu... GMO webzen works fine.
12: webpage: forum link on webpage doesn t work, also market section is missing, You can add some features like CS leader, some rankings (BC, CC, DS from 1 to 5, hero and pk counts)

If you want to implement all my settings the best could be restart the server from 0 (all chars should be deleted, and restart from scratch).... well theses are my suggestion, I like other ex-webzen mu players wanna to play the original mu again, hardcore as it was.

Regards

maxgun

Back to top Go down

RETRO MU ONLINE Empty Re: RETRO MU ONLINE

Post by Miss Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 am

Hi Maxgun,

Welcome to the server. My ING is Controller/Lanre.

Its nice to see a well made post with suggestions
Here is my 10 cents.

I agree with you about the multyclient thing partially. Noone wants to main a ee or asm or ebk so i would stick to 2 chars per ip or mac address.

I disagree about pk. What is the purpose of a strong char if u cant do anything. Pk was and ks wars were the main reason why people kept the interest in the game. Mu is like a big drama movie. if u take the drama away it will be too boring.

Regarding the item drops i guess it does make seance to make them obtainable harder.

agree 100% on goldens. It should not be about the timezone you live in but more about how many hours you spend active in game.

i have mixed feelings about the elemental system. it could be something extra to work on and master. but as it is now its just broken. you have sm/mg/bk who benifit from it and others dont. Iron Knight with wind element one shots me even with 70% wind resistance and ML def, full dd set and +13 cape...

I agree about the xp rates. it is a hard server. so it only makes sense to make it hard. Keep in mind i mean make it hard in time dedication, not resources. I love that the game has a bot now and i would like even more if there would be a /offattack feature. Not all people are able to keep their pc 24/7 with the game running and to be honest its just burning electricity and destruction of your hardware.

I cant comment about season 8 because i dont know why it was chosen.

Regarding skills... i would not stop at the skills. Fix all the existing bugs. I know that our admin is a skilled developer and he likes to make new things. but i think its a mistake to make one thing at 80% and jump to the next one. (sometimes the next one complacently overrides the 1st one.)

About spots i would just say its ok as it is.

Website i guess falls in the bugs category. I would not worry about rankings and stuff just yet.

Regarding restarting the server i would agree 100%. it would be painful for me and some other high lvl players (Some compensations would be nice) but i think if we want to populate this server we need to close it down, fix the existing bugs, make a massively advertised countdown about a old style server that about to launch, try to attract large guilds that roam from one server to another.

Regards
Controller/Lanre

Miss

Back to top Go down

Post by maxgun Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:31 pm

ty for comment.
pk can be added, i have no problems with it .... I think if we have low population pk sould be not a problem yet, now the problem with pk beggin when population increses and mu world becomes smaller and smaller.
About elemental system is a very annoying way for complicate unnecessarily the player s progress, those who have to deal with normal mob s damage AND ALSO with elemental system, in hard maps sould be a borring nightmare.
Im agree to have certain compensation with who had ML or was top players, something that helps them during their firsts lvls.

maxgun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum